Quem somos

18 de ago. de 2009

Life is too valuable


It’s like, if you give yourself up, listen, nobody can blackmail you at anything. I never forget, you know, when I first started to understand what all of this was all about, I just went to my parents and I started confessing about stuff I did like in the second grade. Seriously, but we don’t know how all that stuff over time, we are kids, all that repression, all that stuff just holding you, you know, stuff I talking about boys feeling my booty in the second grade, I mean, I’m telling, and ashamed of that, you know. Like no other girl in this audience played “run catch and kiss” or any of those silly games. But just, from a child, just growing up with all that guilt, you know, and we think that’s God. We think that’s God, telling us, “Feel guilty.” God is saying, “Get free and confess.” Understand that, look, everybody’s going through the same stuff, same issues, it’s just a bunch of repression. And I’m saying, life is too valuable man, for us to sit here in these boxes all repressed, afraid to admit what we’re really going through, you know what I’m saying? I’m tired of that.
Lauryn Hill from the CD Unplugged MTV 2.


É como se você se render, ninguém pode chantageá-lo com coisa alguma. Nunca esqueço quando eu comecei a compreender tudo isso, eu fui até os meus pais para confessar coisas como eu fiz no segundo grau. É sério, não sabíamos sobre tudo isso naquele tempo, éramos crianças, toda a repressão, tudo isso era só exploração, você sabe, eu falo dos rapazes saqueando meu sentimento no segundo grau, eu estou dizendo, e com vergonha, você sabe. Tal como qualquer outra garota nesta audiência que já tenha brincado de "correr e pegar beijo" ou qualquer um desses jogos tolos. Mas só para uma criança, crescer com toda essa culpa... nós pensamos que é Deus. Pensamos que é Deus, nos dizendo, " sintam-se culpados." Mas Deus está dizendo, "Confesse e seja livre." Entenda que, olha, todo mundo está indo para o mesmo lugar, mesmos problemas, é só um bando de repressão. E eu estou dizendo, a vida é demasiado valiosa para sentarmos aqui nestas caixas todas reprimidas, com medo de admitir o que realmente estamos passando, você sabe o que estou dizendo? Estou cansada disso tudo.

Diálogo do CD Unplugged MTV 2 - Lauryn Hill

Nenhum comentário: